How our degree programs work
Our programs are structured by 3 distinct areas of study: Design, Art, and Art History. Once you decide the area that you want to study, there are a number of options for degrees and concentrations, depending on your educational goals.
There are different types of degrees based on your desired area of study
- Art majors can work towards a BA, BFA, MA, or MFA.
- Design majors can work towards a BFA or MFA.
- Design and Merchandising majors can work towards a BA or BS.
- Art History majors can work towards a BA or MA.
Once you choose a major, you can choose a concentration
- Art majors choose between Ceramics, Drawing, Digital Arts, Fibers, Metalsmithing, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, and Sculpture.
- Design majors choose between Graphic, Industrial, Interior, and Fashion.
- Design and Merchandising majors choose Fashion Merchandising.
- Art History majors do not have concentrations.
We also offer minors and exploratory tracks if you are looking for a taste of a specific concentration, or if you want more flexibility in what you want to study.