Please apply for scholarships through the college application on AcademicWorks. Additional university, college and department scholarships are also available through the application portal. Students can also explore other funding opportunities through the Office of Financial Aid.
- Annetta Miller Endowed Scholarship:
Recognizes scholastic achievement; all applicants must write a statement describing scholarly work and other topics for consideration.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Endowed Scholarship:
Provides financial support to meritorious students who demonstrate positive sensitivity to and involvement in LGBT issues. Preference given to LGBT students, although all students are invited to apply.
- Made in Detroit Scholarship:
Recognizes scholastic achievement and provides assistance to students in financing their education in the Department of Music; all applicants must write a statement describing scholarly work, along with evidence of financial need.
- Richard J. Bilaitis Award for Creative Excellence:
Recognizes scholastic achievement and provides assistance to students in financing their education in the departments of art and art history, dance, music or theatre; applicants must submit a letter of nomination from a CFPCA faculty member and an unofficial transcript.
Each department has many scholarships available for our majors. Students can learn more about specific scholarships and apply through AcademicWorks. The AcademicWorks application opens in October of each year with a March 1 deadline date. These scholarships are awarded for the following academic year.
- Log in to AcademicWorks with your Wayne State AccessID and password.
- Complete the general application.
- Complete the College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts application.
- You will be directed to the "Recommended Opportunities" page, where you will see "Apply To" opportunities and the system will determine your eligibility.
- Select the scholarship you want to apply for and submit the application.
- Log in to AcademicWorks with your Wayne State Access ID and password.
- Go to "Opportunities."
- Select "All."
- Choose "Show Filters."
- Type in your major as the keyword.
- Read the requirements for the scholarships.
Please note: Institutional funds, such as the Warrior or Gold Awards or Wayne State Promise Grant, have been funded in part by this scholarship offer. These awards may replace or reduce these funds or other institutional dollars. In addition, the sum of all aid cannot exceed the financial aid cost of attendance.
Maya Calloway Richardson
College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts
Wayne State University
5104 Gullen Mall
Detroit, MI 48202