CFPCA Advising: How does advising work?

​Each entering student in the College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts is assigned an academic advisor. For prospective students with questions about our programs, feel free to contact an advisor in your program of interest. Advisors are glad to help.Advising

What do advisors do?

Your advisor will guide you to articulate your goals, create your individualized plan of work, and identify other opportunities and resources that will enhance your growth and success.

Meeting your advisor

Youâll meet your advisor when you attend a freshman or transfer orientation session before your first semester begins. After that, make an appointment with your advisor EARLY IN YOUR FIRST SEMSESTER to start mapping out your longer-term plan of work. After that, plan to meet with your advisor every semester.

University Advising Center

You advisor in your major department can help you with both your major AND with General Education requirements. It is no longer necessary to seek General Education advising in the University Advising Center in the Undergraduate Library. However, if you would like to talk with an advisor about Pre-Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Dental, Pre-Veterinary, Pre-Law, Pre-Social Work, Pre-Nursing, exploring a major outside CFPCA, deciding or changing majors outside CFPCA or academic probation while in CFPCA, the University Advising Center in the Undergraduate Library is the place to go.