Specialized housing exclusively for CFPCA undergraduate students!
The Thompson is a new residence hall for CFPCA undergraduate students. Don't miss your opportunity to be part of the University's "Arts on Cass" project by residing in one of WSU's revitalized gems.
DID YOU KNOW:
This specialized residence hall has the unique, creative needs of CFPCA majors in mind. The Thompson has features for dancers, communicators, musicians, designers, actors and artists!
CONSIDER THE THOMPSON IF YOU WANT TO:
- Live steps away from your classes, studios and rehearsal spaces in Old Main
- Enjoy the company of other aspiring artists and share one of the many double occupancy rooms with a fellow CFPCA student
- Collaborate with fellow creatives in Thompson Home's collaboratorium, music practice rooms, video editing studio, or community room with sprung floor
- Prepare meals that fit your schedule in one of three kitchens
- Take advantage of programming focused on professional development
FOR FIRT-YEAR STUDENTS:
Creative Warriors Living Learning Community
The College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts Living Learning Community (LLC) is a place where you can EXPLORE, ENGAGE, and GROW during your first year as a WSU Creative Warrior!
EXPLORE – Monthly social, cultural and community service events on campus and throughout the city of Detroit!
ENGAGE – Meet fellow students in the college, get to know faculty on a new level and hear from VIPs such as alumni, the Dean and more!
GROW – Become an interdisciplinary student by learning from peers and experts in Art, Communication, Dance, Music and Theatre!
- First year student at Wayne State for Fall 2021
- Pursuing a major in the College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts
- Planning to live in a residence hall on campus
- Complete the WSU Housing application and select The Thompson (Creative Warriors Living Learning Community)
- Live in The Thompson
- Continue to pursue a CFPCA major during the 2021-2022 academic year
TO APPLY TO LIVE IN THE THOMPSON:
- Read more information about The Thompson at housing.wayne.edu/live/thompson.
- Continuing students and new transfer students complete a residence hall application and select The Thompson as your housing preference.
- Incoming first-year students: To live in The Thompson, you must participate in the Creative Warriors Living Learning Community. In addition to the residence hall application, please learn about this first year learning community and apply if you are interested.
- Then, notify Erin Wiseman that your first preference is The Thompson. Please note that since The Thompson is only open to CFPCA students, it is not part of the general Housing online room/roommate selection process. For this reason, Erin will work with you on room and CFPCA roommate preference.
For questions, contact Erin Wiseman at firstname.lastname@example.org.