The CFPCA Countdown to Classes
days, hours, minutes, seconds until Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Your student orientation at WSU has come and gone…so what's next?!
Prepare for your first semester at Wayne State by watching the Creative Warrior Challenge video series!
Learn important information in each video that builds on your Orientation knowledge. Completing each video challenge even enters you in a drawing for big prizes!
- Video #1 – Getting Started
- Video #2 – Technology Tips & Tricks
- Video #3 – Time Management 101
- Video #4 – Communicating with Instructors: Coming Soon!
- Video #5 – To Drop a Class…Or Not?: Coming Soon!
- Video #6 – Fundamentals of Financial Aid: Coming Soon!
- Video #7 – The First Year Student Experience: Coming Soon!
Check out tools and resources necessary for all CFPCA students:
- Academica - Wayne State University's single sign-on portal, providing secure access to most WSU systems and services. https://academica.wayne.edu/
- Advising Works - An appointment scheduler and student success tool that will help you and your advisor identify the best degree completion path, along with appropriate success strategies, for you to graduate. https://advisingworks.wayne.edu/
- Degree Works - A degree tracking tool that allows you to see your progress toward graduation and help you and your advisor determine which courses you need to take. https://degreeworks.wayne.edu/
- General Education Requirements - A detailed list of all general education requirements and options for fulfilling each. A great tool to use in conjunction with Degree Works. http://cfpca.wayne.edu/files/gened.pd
- Broadcast Messaging - A text notification system that will alert you to emergency messaging for WSU students. https://broadcast.wayne.edu
- FERPA - An optional form that allows you to provide one or more people to have access to your educational records (financial aid, grades, etc.). http://bit.ly/2qdzWDw
Plan to attend Orientation Part Two, the two-day event that signals the start of fall semester for incoming students and will take place August 28-29, 2017.
All incoming freshmen are required to attend Orientation Part Two, and new transfer students are highly encouraged to attend. This two-day event signals the start of fall semester for incoming students and will take place August 28-29, 2017. https://wayne.edu/orientation/two/